WANTED: Theme and Platform
Monash Partners presents an opportunity to submit a concept for a Theme or Platform Flagship Initiative for funding by the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF). This opportunity is presented in the context of the Medical Research and Innovation Strategy 2016-2021 and the Medical Research and Innovation Priorities 2016-2018 and 2018-2020.
Concepts for Flagship Initiatives are invited for the following Monash Partners Themes and Platforms:
- Cancer and Blood Diseases
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Critical Care, Trauma and Perioperative Medicine
- Infection and Inflammation
- Metabolic Medicine
- Neuroscience, Mental Health and Sleep
- Women’s and Children’s Health.
- Ageing and Chronic Comorbid Disease
- Health Services Research and Implementation
- Primary and Community Health.
In developing a concept for a Theme Platform Flagship Initiative please consider the following:
- Alignment with Monash Partners purpose
- Alignment with MRFF strategy and priorities
- Taking an aspirational big picture approach, potentially as seed funds
- Concepts that enable research and translation with broad application and relevance
- Concepts that deliver direct health impact and are relevant to health services
- Strengthening interactions between multiple Monash Partners organisations
- Linking Monash Partners Themes and Platforms.
How to submit your concept
You will receive an email acknowledgement within two business days. This will be sent to the proposer’s email address provided in the submission template. If you do not receive an email please contact us.
The Monash Partners Data platform has already set priorities and is progressing its work with the Data Executive. If you wish for further information please contact Alison Johnson.
What happens next?
Each participating Theme and Platform will hold a workshop to prioritise concepts and identify top priorities, between February 13 – March 4. Following this, Flagship Initiatives aligned to the priorities will be developed.
Workshop details will be circulated soon.
If you have any queries about this process, please contact Kurian Thomas.
Concept submissions must be received by COB
Wednesday 13 February.