Do you have the ticker for it?
Join us for this Cystic Fibrosis fundraising challenge
’65km for Cystic Fibrosis’ is a 65km endurance walk around a 10.8km track in the beautiful Princes Park and Royal Park in central Melbourne. Either take on the full challenge of walking 65km or just walk as many laps as you feel able. Do it on your own or join with some friends for a great day supporting a great cause.
Refreshments and massages will be available to all walkers. All proceeds will go towards research or clinical improvements for cystic fibrosis.
Saturday 16th March, 2019
3am start for 65km walkers
6am start for 3.2km and 21.7km
9am start for 10.8 and 6.5km
There are a variety of ways you can take part:
- Set yourself a challenge and walk the entire 65kms
- Walk as many laps as you are able
- Form a team and walk with friends
- Volunteer your time
- Sponsor a walker
- Make a donation.
In the 2018, Cystic Fibrosis 65K walkathon raised $392K, had 952 participants and walked 25610 kms. Through Monash Partners, this funding supported research that will help people with Cystic Fibrosis. The research covers:
- The airway microbiota in advanced cystic fibrosis lung disease: its relationship to early life factors
- Combating Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections in paediatric patients with cystic fibrosis
- Defining the presence of macrophage and neutrophil extracellular traps as a therapeutic target in early-stage cystic fibrosis’