Monash Partners has welcomed and trained 10 members for our COVID-19 Consumer Advisory Committee since May 2020 to support consumer and community involvement in COVID-19 projects across our partners organisations. So far, members have worked with us to achieve the following:
- Identified COVID-19 priorities for research and healthcare improvement
- Developed the Monash Partners COVID-19 community survey through think-aloud interviews to review survey questions and responses and proposing new questions
- Reviewed survey questions for the International iCare survey
- Identified benefits and concerns on COVID-19 MRFF funding proposals being submitted by researchers and health professionals at Alfred Health, Monash Health and Monash University
- Reviewed the questions and responses of a women’s telehealth survey for health professionals at Monash Health
- Formed a consumer advisory committee for a project using telehealth screening for maternity care
- Advocated for the inclusion of pregnant and breastfeeding women in COVID-19 clinical trials for treatments for the Women’s Health Translation Network.
More on our Consumer and Community Involvement work, HERE.