A series of online forums focusing on social isolation and social prescribing are being co-hosted by Australian Disease Management Association (ADMA), Bolton Clarke Research Institute, Melbourne Academic Centre for Health, MSPGH, Monash Partners, and the Western Alliance.
These will include a mix of research, learnings from trials and services that have been implemented, provide an opportunity to collate what is being done across Victoria; and are open to all healthcare and social care sectors, researchers and policy makers. The seminars provide a great opportunity to hear and liaise with others working or interested in this area.
Webinar 1: Thursday 29th October 2020 at 12pm-1pm
Chair: Siân Slade, Master of Public Health Candidate, Melbourne School of Population & Global Health, University of Melbourne
- Professor Judy Lowthian, Head of Research Bolton Clarke Research Institute Connecting the Dots and the HOW- R- U? & Being Your Best Trials
- David Menzies, Manager Chronic Disease Programs, SEMPHN Care coordination in Primary Care and social prescribing
- Reclink Australia (Speaker TBA), Effect of structured programmes on the rates of drug and alcohol abuse, on mental health and on employment.
- Fran Timmins, DON Psychiatry St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne The Safe Haven Café
Webinar 2: Thursday 26th November 2020 12pm-1pm
Chair: Professor Sharon L Brennan-Olsen, Director, Centre for Health through Action on Social Exclusion (CHASE), Deakin University
- Dr Rosanne Freak-Poli, Senior Research Fellow, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University Epidemiological association between social health and chronic disease.
- Melanie Tighe, Manager Highett and Hampton Community Centres. A Neighbourhood Houses Social Prescribing Trial
- Laura Martin, Senior Manager, Health Intelligence & Acting Director Service and System Integration, Western Victoria Primary Health Network. An overview of the social isolation grant program.
Webinar 3: Thursday 18th February 2021 12pm-1pm
Chair: Professor Grant Russell, Primary Care Research in the Department of General Practice, Director Southern Academic Primary Care Research Unit, Monash University
- Tamsin Thomas, PhD Candidate, Southern Cross University. Studies of Social Prescribing for Individuals Living with Mental Illness
- Dr Ines Rio, NWMPHN The IPC Health Social Prescribing Initiative
- Ellen-Jane Browne Executive Officer, La Trobe Health Assembly Social Prescribing Trial in La Trobe Valley
- Alyssa Huxtable, Western Bulldogs Community Foundation, Sons and Daughters of the West
Please register in advance. Please visit https://adma.org.au/events/ for all three events.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
For further information email email@example.com