As 2023 ends, Monash Partners would like to thank all we have worked with this year. Your support has ensured we continue to embed research into our health system and deliver health impact.
It has been a busy year for us all as we reconnected after a long stint of COVID restrictions. We returned to the office and face-to-face meetings and events resumed. We continued to innovate for better health, with Monash Partners involved in the following initiatives over the year’s course:
- Received reaccreditation by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) as a Research Translation Centre for a further five years.
- Hosted or co-hosted over 55 online, face-to-face and hybrid events, including XX international speakers, focused on consumer and community involvement, clinical research, the learning health system, implementing improvement in healthcare, data-driven healthcare improvement, falls prevention and pressure injury management, and clinical innovation, (AWAIT VIC INFORMATION)
- Launched the Monash Partners Strategic Translation and Research (MP STAR) Clinician Fellow Program to support promising clinical academics embedded in healthcare, and train the next generation of clinician researchers,
- Co-led, along with Wounds Australia, the Australian Health Research Alliance (AHRA) and Health Translation Queensland, the Wounds Education and Training Directory. This resource fills a significant gap in wound-related education and training in Australia,
- Established Consumer Advisory Panels in consumer and community involvement, child health and emergency care,
- Awarded Monash Partners scholarships for the 2023 Implementing Improvement in Healthcare Program,
- Partnered to offer the 2024 Implementation Mentoring Program to support real-world mentoring, education, tailored support, and exposure to easy-to-use improvement and implementation tools, and
- Supported seven projects addressing unmet clinical needs through our partnership with Monash Institute of Medical Engineering (MIME),
As 2024 approaches, we look forward to:
- delivering an updated strategic plan with broad engagement,
- a comprehensive events calendar including face-to-face offerings on consumer and community involvement, clinical research, primary care, data, implementing improvement in healthcare, women in leadership, and clinical innovation, and
- continuing to enable the integration of research and translation into healthcare to deliver impact.
Thank you to all who have partnered with Monash Partners this year. The Monash Partners office will close from 5pm Wednesday 20 December and reopen 9am Tuesday 2 January. We wish you well over the festive season and look forward to reconnecting in the New Year.
I will now hand you over to incoming Executive Director, Professor Carol Hodgson and the continued leadership of Dr Angela Jones (Chief Operating Officer), Professor Christina Mitchell (Chair) and Council.