HEALTH SERVICES RESEARCH, HEALTH CARE IMPROVEMENT, IMPLEMENTATION AND INNOVATION
Health Services Research (HSR) generates evidence to inform policy and practice, thereby improving the quality of health care service and delivery. The primary goals of health services research are to identify the most effective ways to organize, manage, finance, and deliver high quality care and improve patient safety. Health services research and its translation to drive health systems improvement is a priority for Monash Partners and the Australian Health Research Alliance, comprising the NHMRC accredited Advanced Health Research Translation Centres (AHRTCs) and Centres for Innovation in Regional Health (CIRHs). A National steering committee has formed to lead AHRA’s collaboration, address key gaps, engage stakeholders and develop a national framework for ‘Health Systems Improvement and Sustainability’.
Monash Partners structure includes a Health Services Research, Implementation and Innovation platform with capacity building a strategic priority. A steering committee has been established to:
- Provide leadership in health services research, implementation science and innovation
- Increase collaboration, pace and scale of health services and healthcare improvement research
- Promote sharing of interests, learnings, and best practice
- Promote capacity building in health service research
- Undertake priority setting and deliver on a flagship program within the platform
- Engage with the AHRA Health Systems Improvement and Sustainability Steering Committee
- Facilitate collaborative links with relevant bodies and initiatives
- Leverage Monash Partners reach, breadth, thematic structure, expertise and population.
Our Steering Committee
Professor Helen Skouteris
Dr Tracy Robinson
Dr Emma Baker
Professor Tracey Bucknall
Associate Professor Neale Cohen
Ms Jane Evans
Professor Sally Green
Dr Ingrid Hopper
Dr Denise O’Connor
Dr Alisa Pedrana
Associate Professor Carlos Scheinkestel
Professor Nick Taylor
Professor Carolina Weller
Professor Nik Zeps
The Monash Partners Health Services Research, Implementation and Innovation Platform is under development and we are seeking appointments to the Steering Committee.
If you would like to be a part of this committee, please express your interest here.