Monash Partners is a partnership between leading health service, teaching and research organisations focused on innovating for better health. Our Clinical Themes connect researchers, clinicians and the community across our Partners and stakeholders. The purpose of our Clinical Themes is to:
- Enhance the quality and outcomes of healthcare
- Strengthen interaction and collaboration across the Partner organisations and between health service clinicians and research scientists
- Develop and implement prioritised initiatives.
The Themes were established in 2012 following a formal EOI process based on their:
- Demonstrated research excellence nationally and internationally
- Nationally recognised leadership in research translation leading to improved clinical care
- Alignment with national health priorities and burden of disease locally
- Cross partnership capability, engagement and representation.
Each Theme has leadership across discovery research, applied clinical research and clinical service and a steering committee comprised of relevant members of the Theme which meets regularly.